SIGNIFICANT THINGS YOU SHOULD CHECK ON YOUR CAR REGULARLY
An automobile gets you safely everywhere you want to go, but for it to serve its purpose properly, it requires that you take good care of it. It is very important to take good care of your vehicle as it keeps you on the road and enables you to get where you want to go safely. Failure to adhere to some simple maintenance issues can result in an accident or injuries. There are several things that must be checked regularly and maintained to avoid accidents.
- The oil It is the oil in your car that keeps everything running smoothly, and your car can’t run without the right level of oil. It is important to check the oil level, and you can do this on your own by simply pulling out the dipstick and seeing where the oil level is. The oil should be regularly changed as recommended by your vehicle manufacturer or mechanic. Oil changes is one of the most basic car maintenance procedures, and checking your oil is an easy way to catch leaks.
- The Tire Pressure If a tire is over inflated, it can cause blowouts or bursts that can lead to accidents, thus there is need for car owner to have a tire pressure gauge which is an affordable and easy to use tool that can prevent accidents. If tires are improperly inflated they can also find you stranded on the side of the road. Moreover, the wrong level of inflation affects your fuel efficiency. It’s important to check them regularly and be aware that the right tire pressure changes are based on the outside temperature. Check with the tire manufacturer for the right pressure.
- The Brakes For you to slow down, stop your car and prevent an accident, it is the duty and function and duty of your brake pads so do not take them for granted. Don’t wait for that shrieking sound that tells you the brake pads are getting old. It is of utmost importance to have your brakes checked regularly by a professional mechanic as it keeps your car safe on the road. It’s best to have a professional mechanic check your brakes as part of regular maintenance.
- The Power Steering Fluid It is very important to check the power steering fluid regularly. Without it your power steering could fail, making it harder to control your car. Just like your vehicle oil, you can check and refill this one yourself, so make it a habit.
- The Alignment It is a very good idea to have your car checked regularly for wheel alignment when you probably notice that your alignment is getting bad as it impacts the way your car handles on the road. Make sure you get your alignment adjusted as needed to ensure your car will steer and react the way you want it to when you need to move quickly.
- The Tire Tread It’s not just the pressure in your tires that matters. Your tires depend on the tread to give you grip on the road, and it’s especially important in slippery conditions. Look for signs of wear in your tires and look for any bulges or odd lumps that could indicate a problem. Low tread or bulges in the tires can cause slipping or a blowout on the road, and lead to an accident.
- The Air Filter A clogged air filter will cost you in fuel consumption, and it’s bad for the car as well. It costs very little to get it checked and replaced as needed, so make it a regular part of your car maintenance routine.
- The vehicle Lights it is very dangerous to have any of the lights on your vehicle not functioning properly. Always check your turn indicators, brake lights, reverse lights and your headlights on a regular basis. All your vehicle lights are vital to letting other vehicles know what you are doing or about to do and they prevent accidents. You are likely to catch a headlight that is out, a brake light or taillight that doesn’t function right. Because of such faults you can get a ticket for having a light out, which could increase your costs.
Check all your vehicle parts regularly and keep your car in good running condition and it will keep you safe and in control on the road!