At Carsale (“Carsale” or “we” or “us” or “our”), we appreciate your use of and contributions to our Web sites (defined to include all properties (mobile, web or otherwise) owned and operated by Carsale) and features (known as the “services”). Carsale respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal information.
Advertising-Supported Business Model
The Carsale Web sites and our extensive set of features are generally funded through advertising dollars. This advertising revenue helps keep Carsale free of charge for our user community. It also allows us to explore and build new features.
We strive to make advertisements relevant and useful to you. Therefore, we may serve advertisements to you based on the information we collect from you or in relation to your interaction on our site.
We pledge to be transparent about the information we monitor and collect from you. We keep information private between you and Carsale, except as explained below.
Collection of Information
When you use Carsale Web site, we collect a variety of information.
- Information you provide.When using our Website and services, you may provide information about yourself, such as name, address, phone number and e-mail. This may occur when you register on Carsale, claim a car, or complete other forms, such as a loan request. We may combine this information with other information we collect from your activity on our Web site or from other companies. You may also provide information about a third party on the Carsale Web site, for example, if you share a car listing with a recipient via email.In addition, when you order products or services from Carsale Web site, Carsale may collect your credit/debit card information. Carsale will use this information solely to complete your order and will not share this information with outside parties, except to the extent necessary to complete the order or comply with applicable law.
- Third-party cookies. We work with service providers and advertising networks to track and manage cookie information and your activities while you’re on Carsale.co.zw or using our services. You may opt-out of cookie tracking and analysis from any of these ad networks by Opting Out of Collection of Information, which is explained further below.
- Usage logs. When you use the services, your computer communicates a variety of information to computer servers, including the existence of cookies, your Internet Protocol address, and information about your browser program. We also create a record of what information you are requesting, such as the page or subject areas you’re visiting.
- Calls. Calls to Carsale or to third parties through Carsale may be recorded or monitored for quality assurance and customer service purposes. If a call is recorded between you and a third party, it will be deemed private information of both you and the third party, and may be released to either of you.
Usage and Disclosure
In general, Carsale uses the information collected from you to communicate with you and operate our features and services. Carsale also uses this information to present you with advertising that we believe will be of interest or useful to you.
Your privacy is important and we are committed to protecting information that identifies you personally, where you have chosen to keep it private. We will only share personal information that you provide outside the public areas of our services in the following circumstances:
- Consent. When you consent or direct Carsale to share the information. For example, if you choose to contact a cardealer or lender through Carsale, your name and e-mail address will appear to the recipient of the message.
- Merger or sale. If and when Carsale is involved in a merger, acquisition, or any form of sale of some or all of its business, personal information may be transferred along with the business
When you provide public information without identifying yourself, we will protect your personal identity as described above. If your account profile does not identify you personally, Carsale won’t reveal your identity to third parties except in accordance with this policy.
Some Things are Not Covered
- Vehicle market information. Carsale strives to provide open and transparent information about vehicle markets. As a result, we make available past sales prices for vehicle, and allow any user to post a question or answer about a given vehicle. Many times, this information is already publicly available. As long as discussion surrounds vehicles and not individuals, we intend to keep this information freely available on our Web sites. Where a professional participates in the Carsale community, we may also allow users to comment on the professional, such as the lender ratings in the Carsale Marketplace.
- Aggregated non-personal information and other information without personal identification. While we do not share your personal information with third parties unless permitted above, Carsale may share aggregate anonymous information with third-parties. This information does not personally identify individuals, but instead provides a helpful understanding of the groups of people who prefer certain types of information and services.
You may receive e-mail from Carsale for a variety of reasons – for example, if you took an action on the Carsale Web sites, you signed up for a regular report, or you posted your car for sale and a buyer sent you a message. We respect your desire to manage e-mail correspondence. If you have an account with Carsale you can select your preferences through your account tools. Also, you can manage your receipt of some types of communication by following the instructions included in the e-mail we send you.
Opting Out of Collection of Information
Carsale marketing service provider. If you do not want Carsale and its marketing service provider to follow your usage of our services via cookies and Web beacons, you can opt-out of the Web site analysis tools.
Opting out of these services does not mean you will no longer receive online advertising. It does mean that the service from which you opted out will no longer deliver ads tailored to your Web preferences and usage patterns.
Third-Party Web Sites
Storage and Security of Information
Personal information will be processed and stored by Carsale in databases hosted in the United States. Carsale has taken reasonable steps to protect the information users share with us, including, but not limited to, setup of processes, equipment and software to avoid unauthorized access or disclosure of this information.